HERE TO HELP
If there is a question or query you have that is not listed here, please contact us. We are real people, passionate about all things running, who will respond within 48 hours
Who can register for Run Down Under?
ANYONE. Runners, walkers, individuals, club members, social runners, ultra athletes, first timers......ANYONE.
What do I get for my entry fee?
Your entry fee includes a full 12 month membership - giving access to our website that provides YOUR map and YOUR journey. In addition, we will give you an event shirt or singlet and a participation medal.....All for less than $1.50 per week!
What exercise can I include?
Any run or walk event that covers distance and is considered “Structured Exercise” for health and wellness can be included as part of your journey with RUN DOWN UNDER. Activities that CAN be included are:
- Training run
- Interval/track/hill sessions and similar.
- Walk the dog for exercise purposes.
- Treadmills or similar devices that record distance via walking or running.
- A run or walk race or fun run.
- An exercise walk to work, or school, or the gym etc.
- Hikes or bush-walks.
- A sports game or match (provided you can verify distance with a GPS device).
- Running as part of an exercise class or cross-training session (only the run/walk component can be added and verified with distance).
- The run/walk component of a multi-sport event or training session, such as a triathlon or adventure race.
- Warm ups and cool downs can be included...
Activities you CAN NOT record as part of RUN DOWN UNDER include:
- Any “incidental” running or walking. While we appreciate the importance of “incidental exercise”, it does not form part of our criteria for recording results. Activity such as your movement at work via measuring steps, walking around the shops, playing with the kids at the park, mowing the lawns, sightseeing around cities and similar “incidental exercises” are NOT to be added to your activity list.
How do I let you know how far I've run?
There are many ways you can do this....And we want to make it as easy as we can for YOU! Via Strava is an automated option that our system picks up each day. Manually you can submit files, pictures or links to your GPS device, Apps, race results and more.
What if I decide to change to Strava once I have already started?
This is fine, as long as you don't re-import Strava entries that have been added manually. For example, you should only change over to using Strava if your Strava account begins the same day. Any past workouts in Strava (the past 4 weeks) will automatically come across once you choose Strava and this may mean double ups if you have already added these manually.
My Strava is not connecting with Run Down Under
1. Strava may not bring across your first day of entering due to time restraints, but it should pick up everything after Day 2.
2. The most common issue why it wouldn't work is to check your privacy settings with Strava, as if you have strict controls on it may restrict our access. We need your account to be completely PUBLIC to be able to access your runs and walks.
3. Did you go through the process of authorising? You can check by going to settings in Strava and pressing "My Apps" and Run Down Under should be there.
4. Did you by any chance have someone else's Strava account logged in when you joined and it may have connected to their Strava account.
Who am I competing against?
YOU. Our event is all about YOUR journey as you embark on an amazing challenge to circumnavigate Australia. But we know the competitive juices will flow, so there are various leader boards that compare your efforts to every other member withing RUN DOWN UNDER, RUN AROUND EUROPE and RUN AROUND USA.
Can I join after January 1st?
You can join any time you like. YOUR journey starts the day you enter. You will be added to the leader boards immediately, and you can also compare how long it takes to complete various segments with those already finished.
How is my age calculated?
It is based on the YEAR of your birth that you enter in when you register. This means that your age group WILL NOT change through the middle of the year. Age groups will always be set on January 1st.
Do I have to start in Canberra?
EVERYONE starts their virtual journey from Canberra and we all follow the same route around the country as we add distance.
How do you ensure people don't cheat?
Unfortunately like any fun run, there are always ways people can cheat… And our event is no exception. We have area managers that scrutinise data each week, and we ensure all processes are in place to avoid this. As always – “those who cheat are only cheating themselves”!
Do I have to join a club?
NO - this is optional.
What are the benefits of being part of a club?
Once your club gets 20 or more members - we will give $5.00 cash back to your club.
What is my Primary Club?
This is the club you selected at the time of registration, and is the club you nominate as the beneficiary of the Club Rewards program.
Can I change Clubs?
You sure can - any time you like.....However the club that you nominated at the time of registration will be the club that is eligible for your Club Rewards.
Can I backdate runs when I register?
Upon registering you will be asked if you want your membership to start immediately OR if you would like it to start up to 4 weeks earlier. If you chose immediately you can only add runs from that day on. If you chose to backdate your membership, then you can backdate your runs to that date - up to a maximum of 4 weeks.
Can I backdate data if I forget for a period of time?
You can only backdate for a period of 6 weeks. Runs dated further back than this that need to be added will require you to contact us, and we will assess whether or not they can be added.
Will my journey continue each year or do I start again?
The moment your membership ends, or a calendar year comes to an end - you will always pick up where you left off on YOUR journey. Even if you take an extended break, you will always resume from the last town you where at.
What happens if I change Maps?
Changing Maps to a new continent is an easy process. Once done, the Map you have left will keep you in the current location you were at. If you ever go back to this map you will pick up where you left off.
On the new map you will start from the start. Every run you add once you have changed maps, will go to your new map route.
Do I receive a new singlet or shirt if i change Maps?
No. Your free gift of a singlet or shirt only applies to the event you originally sign up for, which is included as part of your membership fee. If you want an event singlet or shirt from one of the other regions, you can purchase one through the Shop.
How do I turn off notifications I receive from the App?
You need to go to settings in your smartphone and click "notifications". All your Apps will appear (including Run the World) and from here you select our App and turn off notifications.
Why is the leader board different on the App?
The Leader board on the App includes all members from all over the world, including Run Down Under, Run around Europe and Run around USA. The leader board you see on the website is set to default just to your region, although you an filter by everyone the same as the App.
The leader board functionality on the App is quite simple compared to the website, which shows your weekly and yearly movement up or down the leader board, allows many filter options and allows you to click on members and visit their profile.....functions not available on the App (which is designed simply to be a basic leader board).